Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Pokemopolis - Not Dirty, Just Dodgy!

Site Updated: 13 April, 2014 - Pokemopolis is coming to an end, read all about it at this thread
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print
Battle Frontier/DP old Mini-Guides/Discussion (Read 118011 times)
Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Two Degrees of Separation mini Episode Guide!
Reply #820 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 8:55pm

Last episode we were introduced to the world of Shinou and a ten year old girl named Dawn just setting out on her Pokemon Journey and dreaming of becoming a successful coordinator like her mother before her.   Things didn't go too well for the short-skirted young girl though as she got lost, and then two of the potential Starter Pokemon she could choose broke out of the stern Professor Rowan's lab.  Dawn went after them and recovered Piplup, a penguin-like Water Pokemon, which she then chose to be her Starter Pokemon.

But as Dawn did all this, Ash Ketchum was arriving in Shinou with Pikachu and Aipom, only to find out that Team Rocket had come with him.  Grabbing Pikachu they tried to fly away in their Happy Buddha Face Meowth balloon, only for a disagreement to cause an explosion and send them blasting off again and Pikachu falling towards inevitable death in the forest far below.  Now with Ash cut off from Pikachu, we're facing....

Two Degrees of Separation

Dawn jumps off of her bike and rushes about in the fields playing with Piplup, then decides the time has come to catch her first Pokemon.  She spots a Buneary and checks it out with her Pokedex, learning a little about the fluffy long-eared rabbit-like Pokemon.  She orders Piplup to use Bubble beam, but Buneary jumps aside, then dodges a Peck and knocks Piplup out before jumping onto Dawn's face and knocking her aside, leaving them both humiliated and dishonored!

She tells Piplup to keep its chin up, saying everyone makes mistakes the first time around.  She pops it into the basket of her bike and rides on through the forest telling it about Pokemon contests as the bikeseat pokes out between the legs exposed by her short skirt and creates some very disturbing imagery.... she looks more like a Bjorn than a Dawn!

She spots a Burmy hanging from the tree branches, a wormlike Pokemon surrounded with leaves it apparently uses as protection from the cold.  Piplup jumps the gun and attacks it with a Bubblebeam attack, knocking loose its leaves and dropping it to the ground, but as Burmy starts regathering leaves around itself, Dawn doesn't press the attack, instead watching enraptured as Piplup squeals at her to order a fresh attack dammit!

She grabs out her Pokeball and prepares to toss it, only to realise the Burmy is gone, and she stumbles to her knees in horror.  This time it is Piplup that tries to comfort her, and she decides that she is allowed to make mistakes just like Piplup!  The Pokemon doesn't seem too impressed with this description, but then shuffling in the bushes gets both their attention and they turn and see Pikachu stumble warily out and collapse.  Dawn checks it out with her Pokedex and learns it is an Electric Pokemon, and tells Piplup to use Bubblebeam.  It blasts at Pikachu which.... blasts a Thunderbolt through the attack and completely knocks it back.  Piplup tries a Peck Attack, and even though Pikachu is screwed over from its fall, it blasts Piplup with Thunderbolt and sends it crashing back into Dawn's bike, frying it!

Pikachu sighs and scratches it head while Dawn twists around and snaps angrily at it, then tosses a Pokeball at Pikachu which bounces off of its head, surrounds Pikachu in a red glow and..... dissipates.  Dawn realises Pikachu belongs to someone else as it turns and runs for the bushes, only for Seviper and Dustox to appear to block its escape, then Cacnea leaps out on Pikachu's side and they surround it as Meowth slides in and snaps at Dawn that they're his,"Pikachu Crew!"

Dawn checks out Meowth with her Pokedex as Jesse, James, Mime Jr and Wobbuffet jump into the scene, then crack a few puns at Dawn's expense... and promptly get thunderbolted by Pikachu!

Team Rocket send their Pokemon in at Pikachu, attacking the completely outnumbered little mouse... and then Piplup hits them with a Bubblebeam and knocks them aside as Dawn runs to Pikachu's side.

"Who are you, their Mum?" demands James, and Dawn responds by asking who THEY are.

"Prepare for trouble are you out of the loop!"
"Make it a double dose of the real scoop!"
"An evil as old as the galaxy."
"Sent here to fulfill our destiny."
"Meowth dat's me!"
"To denounce the evils of truth and love!"
"To extend our reach to the stars above!"
"Jesse!"
"James!"
"Meowths da name!"
"Wherever there is peace in the universe."
"Team Rocket is there, to make everything worse!"
"Wobbuffet!"
"Mime mime!"

Dawn has never heard of them and they pratfall in horror, then James asks if maybe she at least knows WHERE they are... and discovers they're in Shinou, which shocks James so much that he actually SWEARS!

"That's why she doesn't know a bloody thing about us, there's no Shinou Team Rocket branch!"

Oh no, quickly terrified Soccer Mums, go into a needless and self-righteous panic!

They figure they'll set up their own branch here (like they failed to do in Hoenn) and then Dawn asks them to prove that Pikachu is theirs, asking why it isn't in its Pokeball.  Meowth snaps that if she keeps quacking her gums will get cold, and Jesse says that stealing her Pokemon will shut her up, and sends Seviper in to Wrap up Piplup, which Bubble beams it in the face and jumps out to Dawn's side.

"Not too bad for a little kid," snarls Jesse,"But now its time to show you why Team Rocket is feared by lots of little kids all over the Kanto Region!"

All of their Pokemon leap in, only to be smacked by a mix of Bubblebeam and Thunderbolt, and they're sent blasting off again!

Dawn, Piplup and Pikachu celebrate, but then Pikachu collapses and Dawn says they better find a Pokemon Centre and fast.  They take it to Nurse Joy, who tells them that Pikachu is exhausted but should make a full recovery.  Dawn heads out to call her mother, whose giant bouffant hairstyle is too large to fit into the viewscreen.

She congratulates Dawn on her choice of Piplup which poses proudly, and then starts arguing with Dawn over getting a big head, much to her mother's amusement.  A short while later, a battered and bruised Dawn calls up Rowan and tells him all about Pikachu and Team Rocket, and the angry looking man "hmmms" as she tells him she is hoping to find Pikachu's trainer, even if means she'll miss the first Pokemon Contest... after all, there'll be plenty more! He tells her that is sound thinking as she signs off.

Meanwhile, Ash and Aipom wonder through the forest looking for Pikachu, and get found by Officer Jenny who offers them a ride.  Surprisingly she chides him for doing her job for her, saying he should leave the police work to her and she'll take him to meet Professor Rowan.

Wow, an Officer Jenny with a work ethic, I guess that's the exception that proves the rule.

Ash meets Rowan shortly after, the stern Professor glaring at Ash with the uncompromising look of The Old Testament God, ready to bring down the thunder.

But instead of destroying Ash where he stands for violating the laws of aging, he tells him that he has Aipom's pokeball and then tells him about Dawn and how she saved Pikachu.  He contacts Nurse Joy and learns she has headed off to try and find Pikachu's trainer, and Ash rushes out with Aipom to find her.

Meanwhile, Team Rocket stagger through the forest moaning over getting their asses handed to them by a "twerp who could out twerp the twerps" and then James spots..... his second Summer College! The one his family used to go to when the other needed cleaning!

They head through the gates and inside, James opening the curtains as Meowth, Wobbuffet and Mime Jr leap onto a couch and Jesse giggles over what a headquarters this place would make.  James heads through a door into a child's room marked with clouds and rainbows painted on the wall.  He squeals with delight when he spots a chest with his very first bottlecap collection from when he was two inside... and then spots a Pokeball hidden inside.  Apparently it has been locked in there for years, the Pokemon inside trapped in a horrific limbo between life and death.  James calls the Carnavine inside out, but can it still be sane after all these years of solitude?  Well judge for yourself, Gentle Dodgers, judge for yourself.

It bites onto his head and grabs his chest, crying out in delight as Jesse leaps aside.  Her stomach rumbles in protest (or she farts, one of the two) and James staggers with the Carnavine still gripping onto his head over to a nearby intercom and puts through a call to Jeeves, the Cook/Butler who apparently had been living inside of the summer cottage all alone as well, left inside like the cast off toy of a petulant child.

Ahhh the rich!

shortly after they're chowing down, Jeeves telling James that he has informed the family of his presence, in fact his Mother and Father are coming immediately to meet with him, as well as.... Jessebelle!  James is horrified, while Jesse chows down, grins and asks,"Jessebelle? Who?"

"Oy vey, James' bride to be," sighs Meowth, proving at least one member of the trio pays attention to what is going on in everyone else's lives.  Jesse apparently had forgotten all about Jessebelle and her insane insistence of proper etiquette, but James could never forget, and imagines her rumbling towards him holding up her skirt so it doesn't drag in the mud, exposing pretty legs whose charms are completely lost on him before rearing over him and roaring demonically.

After lunch, Meowth and Wobbuffet play a Pokemon fighting game in front of a widescreen tv watched by Mime Jr, but James can't relax.  He moans that he can't remain here with Jessebelle on her way, and they agree to head back out of the lap of luxury into a life of crime once more.  Meowth puts through a call to Giovanni on the big screen television, and Jesse proclaims that they have conquered Hoenn so now they're going to do the same to Shinou.  James mutters that Hoenn conquered them and she grabs him angrily by the mouth while Giovanni growls at them that they'd best do better than their usual fare, then cuts them off.  As Team Rocket celebrate at this semi-encouragement, Giovanni turns about in his chair and strokes his Persian's head, asking someone to remind him exactly WHO those three actually are.

Ooooh, that's cold!
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2007 at 10:59pm by Dodgemaster Tim »  
IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Re: Two Degrees of Separation mini Episode Guide!
Reply #821 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 8:55pm

Meanwhile, Rowan has contacted Dawn and told her that Ash is on his way to find them, so they head out to retrace their steps and meet up with him... which would be a lot easier if she still had her bike, causing Pikachu to scratch its head in embarrassment.  While this is going on, Ash and Aipom stagger on up the road, only for a big truck to pull up ahead of him and the door to open to reveal... Brock!  Yes he's reunited with Ash, and proudly points out the large-breasted Southern gal driving the truck, Claudina, declaring that the two of them are on the road to happiness to true love!

He tells Ash that their reunion will be shortlived, it was great meeting him again but he has his own road to travel now.... and then Claudina takes a call from her boyfriend, ignoring the horrified Brock as she tells him she'll see him soon, then says a happy goodbye to Brock and thanks him for making her lunch and dinner, then drives on leaving him alone with Ash on the side of the road... and that's when things get disturbing.

Brock raises his right arm up and clenches his first, showcasing once again what we all know, one of his arms is a lot more muscular than the other!  It shakes and twists back and forth in a jacking motion as he grits his teeth, cries and proclaims,"All right Ash, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, and these two men are gonna do it with or without a good woman at their side!"

Ash - who as usual just doesn't get it - agrees happily and says this is what he likes to hear, and while a million yaoi fangirls perk up their ears, Brock asks what happened to Pikachu.  They head on down the road through the forest as Ash explains how Team Rocket grabbed Pikachu and now some girl named Dawn has it, and says he is heading to the Pokemon Centre and Nurse Joy to find out where she is.  Brock likes the idea of meeting up with Nurse Joy again, and we get to see another side of Brock, the way HE thinks he looks.

As they move on, Aipom bumps into a Starly and they start arguing angrily as Ash checks it out with his Pokedex and Brock suggests he capture it so they can look for Pikachu from above the trees.  Ash tells Aipom to help him catch it, and it smashes Starly with a Swift Attack and.... pisses it off!  It uses Whirlwhind back while Aipom tries to push through with a Focus Punch, only to get hit with a Quick Attack and then Wing Attack before Aipom comes back with a Focus Punch directly in Starly's belly, and Ash adds insult to injury by throwing a Pokeball directly into its face, knocking it silly and allowing him to capture it!

But he can't get too excited as he realises Pikachu isn't here to celebrate with him, and Brock reminds him that he caught it to help him find Pikachu.  It flies ahead and spots a flock of Starly being scared by blasts of electric attacks and they rush to the source, only to find a tall young man with purple hair next to an Elekid trying to catch Pokemon.  He asks if he has seen a girl with a Pikachu, and the man replies curtly that Ash's Starly isn't good enough, he saw him catch it and thinks he could have picked a better one.  The youth grunts that you can use a Pokedex to scan Pokemon and see what moves they know, and calls out three Starly he has just caught.  He scans them, finds the one with the most abilities and then... releases the other two!

Ash is shocked, he's never encountered anyone with quite this strategy before, and snaps that any Pokemon can be effective if used properly, which the young asshole sneers at before challenging Ash to a match.... three on three!

Ash explains he only has two Pokemon on him, which surprises the jerk who calls Ash pathetic, turns and walks away as Ash once more wishes Pikachu was there.... then hears a Volt Tackle from a distance and heads off towards the source as the jerk overhears.

Deeper in the forest, Team Rocket are in a robot that according to James both fights global warming AND makes them lunch too.  It's attacking Pikachu, absorbing electric attacks as Dawn demands to know why they want to catch Pikachu anyway.

They explain that Pikachu is a power beyond all powers, and they've been trying to catch it now for so long that they couldn't do anything else.  They grab at Pikachu with a mechanical arm despite Piplup's attempts to stop them with Bubblebeam, and cry out they've won it with a Pikachu Pass play...... and the episode ends!

Team Rocket wins!?!?! Find out next time, Gentle Dodgers!

IP Logged

carbuncle
Veteran Dodger

one of those rare hard
to find types

Not Canada
Reply #822 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 10:34pm

Dodgemaster Tim wrote on Apr 23rd, 2007 at 8:55pm:
Last episode we were introduced to the world of Shinou and a ten year old girl named Drew just setting out on her Pokemon Journey and dreaming of becoming a successful coordinator like her mother before her.

don't change that leave it as it is. Smiley

And yay for Carnivine! and i never really thought of it going insane due to years of solitude, but then there was that ninetails that fell in love with brock...
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2007 at 10:35pm by carbuncle »  

IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Reply #823 - Apr 23rd, 2007 at 11:01pm

Haha, oh well, I've changed it now but we'll always have your quote!

I'm still struggling not to call people May, when before that I was struggling not to say Misty.

IP Logged

carbuncle
Veteran Dodger

one of those rare hard
to find types

Not Canada
Reply #824 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 3:03am

well you have yet to call her Mawny yet.

IP Logged

Aricha
Senior Dodger

Eat Healthy

I'm not good with directions
Reply #825 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 9:45am

Wow, I must've had my eyes turned or something. I totally don't remember them showing the scene of Brock the way he thinks he looks when I was watching it. I assumed they cut it out.

IP Logged

Don
Batman's Not My Thing

Flawless crossdressing

Reply #826 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 10:15am

That would have been very surprising if they did, seeing as, unlike 4kids, PUSA never cuts part out. (infact, they usually add a few more seconds on the To Be Continued scenes)

IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Reply #827 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:18pm

I hope someone reads this because it doesn't warrant its own thread.

Is it Shinou or Sinnoh?  I thought it was supposed to be Shinou but they've started saying it Sinnoh and I've seen some people start referring to it that way now as well.  Since there are so many Japanawannabes out there now I never know if people are using the correct English name, so is it Shinou or Sinnoh?

IP Logged

Kachi-chan
Veteran Dodger

Konnichinya!

Mashpee, MA
Reply #828 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 12:58pm

It's Sinnoh. Some people are just too stubborn to admit the truth--I had my bets placed on Shino myself. Tongue

...&&Revolution FC: 2620-9865-4149&&Dungeon 2 FC: 3308-6543-1336

IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Reply #829 - Apr 26th, 2007 at 1:00pm

Okay that's great, thanks for confirming that, I'll refer to it as Sinnoh from this point on.

IP Logged

FabuVinny
Junior Dodger

England
Reply #830 - May 2nd, 2007 at 4:26am

Quote:
That would have been very surprising if they did, seeing as, unlike 4kids, PUSA never cuts part out. (infact, they usually add a few more seconds on the To Be Continued scenes)
PUSA aren't that different to 4Kids in editing.  Besides, we did lose stuff in these episodes.  Mainly, in the Japanese version, the first two episodes end showing Ash and Dawn seperately heading towards each other (with Paul also watching from afar in this episode) but we also lose a shot of Tracey looking embarassed.

On another note, I'm pretty sure this episode ends straight after the capture of Starly.  (Before Ash meets Paul.)  The American premier stuck them together but I would think that that's how it will be split when the episodes air seperately.

IP Logged

Don
Batman's Not My Thing

Flawless crossdressing

Reply #831 - May 2nd, 2007 at 4:55am

Yes, I did notice that, also I mentioned how they actually edited a sign for the first time to say things like Sangem Town and Route 102, orginally it said the same thing, except the japanese name. Although, I notice these things have only happened in the D/P season (which has pratically begun in America) non of that in the Battle Frontier season.

And I know PUSA isn't very different from 4kids, I have mentioned somewhere that they still use lames puns and jokes and such, and of course, they too change the BG music.

But my reason for saying all this is because of one thing: Fans that are still crying and complaining of the voice changes, they get on my nervers so I just tend to hate the things they are complaing and nagging on about even if I didn't hate them before (Misty also goes into that category too)

IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

Reply #832 - May 2nd, 2007 at 12:12pm

Last season they were pretty much jumping in halfway through a storyline (Ash in the Battle Frontier) so they can probably stamp more of their own identity on Diamond and Pearl, especially since they now have some experience in this.

IP Logged

Blackjack Gabbiani
Senior Dodger

Reply #833 - May 2nd, 2007 at 3:43pm

Quote:
I have mentioned somewhere that they still use lames puns and jokes and such,

Both PUSA and 4Kids are in good company with that, though. This is a franchise pretty much centered around lame puns, even in Japanese.

WWW Blackjack Gabbiani cammycommando  
IP Logged

Don
Batman's Not My Thing

Flawless crossdressing

Reply #834 - May 2nd, 2007 at 7:44pm

True, but the difference is that japanese puns are said, lets say, like 'directally to a persons face', they are actually talking in a normally, but, somethings they say turn out to be a pun of a previous word, were as the english puns are just said like they think it sounds 'so cool to say' when it's not.

Eeeh, I just mostly prefare japanese puns, they don't sound as bloody lame as the english ones.

IP Logged

Dodgemaster Tim
Dodgemaster

When Pokemon Worlds Collide mini Episode Guide
Reply #835 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 1:35am

Over the last two episodes we've been introduced to ten year old Dawn, a new Pokemon Trainer who wants to be a Contest Coordinator and win the Grand Festival like her mother's monstrous bouffant hairdo before her.  We saw Dawn meet and choose her first Pokemon, Piplup, but then fail miserably in their efforts to catch their first wild Pokemon.  Meanwhile, Ash Ketchum arrived in Shinou alone and promptly lost Pikachu to Team Rocket who'd come along for the ride.  Pikachu ended up being found by Dawn who - after mistakenly attempting to capture it - defended it from Team Rocket who got blasted off again. 

Ash discovered Dawn had Pikachu and was looking for him (not personally, just Pikachu's trainer) and so set out to find her, encountering Brock along the way who had his heart broken (again) and rejoined Ash on his journey.  Meanwhile, Team Rocket found one of James' family's Summer Cottages and prepared to retire into the lap of luxury, only for the thread of a visit by James' parents and Jessebelle to get them on the run again.  The last episode ended with Ash encountering a real asshole, then hearing the familiar sound of Volt Tackle and rushing off towards the battle between Pikachu and a Team Rocket robot that grabbed it as the episode ended just as Ash's world and Dawn's world were about to meet, just before we could see what happens....

When Pokemon Worlds Collide

Piplup tries Bubble beam on the Robot but it fails to do anything, and an infuriated Piplup charges the bot only to be smacked back by a mechanical arm as Team Rocket mock it, then Jesse lets loose the tentacles on the small bird and ten year old Japanese schoolgirl.

Ahhh Japan.

But then a cry from Ash gets their attention, as Aipom uses Swift and Starly uses Whirlwind, knocking the bot back a step.  Ash is slapped away by a tentacle and Brock and his Pokemon run to his side, but then he leaps up and tries his old tried and true "run and yell" technique before being cut off again by the tentacles.  Team Rocket decide they MUST be about to win, so leave the safety of their electricity proof robot to hit Ash, Brock and Dawn with their all new, shiny Team Rocket motto!

"Listen is that a voice I hear!?!"
"It's speaking to me loud and clear!"
"Floating on the wind."
"Past the stars!"
"IN YER EAR!" laughs Meowth.
"Bringing chaos at a breakneck pace!"
"Dashing hopes, putting fear in its place!"
"A rose by any other name's just as sweet."
"When everything's worse, our work is complete!"
"Jesse!"
"And it's James!"
"Meowth, now DAT'S a name!"
"Putting the do-gooders in their place!"
"Team Rocket...."
"We're in yer face!"
"WOBBUFFET!"
"MIME MIME!"

The robot poses bravely as Ash sighs, then rushes forward as Team Rocket congratulate themselves, cast a tentacle at Ash and... he leaps forty feet into the air and onto the robot!

Holy shit, it's Action hero Ash, and he's..... humping that robot's arm!?!

Dawn watches on, shocked and amazed at the physics defying heroics of the strange boy as he hauls himself up to Pikachu while the flailing arms of the robot end up punching itself into its own side.  The bot starts to crackle as Ash tries to pull Pikachu free and Team Rocket panic at their impending death, and then the bot blows, Brock dropping to his knees first and teaching Dawn how it's done.

Brock and Dawn stare at the wreckage of the bot, and then Ash tears himself out with a sigh and hugs Pikachu happily as Aipom and Starly run up, Ash introducing the new Pokemon.  Dawn is pleased to see trainer and Pokemon reunited, and Ash walks up and introduces himself to her before Brock slides in on the side and introduces himself in a way he usually reserves for girls a little older than ten.

Dawn introduces herself and Piplup and Ash checks with his Pokedex, finding out it is very proud, and indeed it poses quite bravely before suddenly spinning about and fainting, apparently from exhaustion.  Brock drops down to check on it and then sprays it with a treatment and checks out Pikachu.  A short time later we find them in a small phone-booth talking to Professor Rowan, who informs Ash that he has just received a gift from his mother.

Meanwhile, the purple haired asshole from the previous episode stands with his Elekid by the wreckage of Team Rocket's bot, staring angrily at it.

The new twerps head on down the road, Dawn excited to hear that Brock is a breeder <snicker>, and he promises to make some nice food for Piplup when they get to Rowan's lab.  Officer Jenny rides up, pleased to see Ash and Pikachu are reunited, and then Brock rushes up and grabs her hands to moan his undying love for her while Dawn watches on, wondering what is wrong with him, and Ash sighs nothing... for Brock.

At Rowan's they discover the new clothes that Delia has made for him, and when he calls her on the phone she tells him he left the house before she could give them to him.  She then asks if he has called Professor Oak and told him Pikachu is okay, and he quickly hangs up on his mother to call the old man who is supposedly in no way related to him or banging his Mother in uncomfortable places.  Oak is pleased to hear Pikachu is okay, and then introduces Dawn who asks about his poetry, apparently thinking he is not a real professor like Rowan since he's always on television.  Professor Rowan appears looking rather more cheerful than normal, asking if he could talk to Oak alone for a moment, but as soon as the twerps leave..... STERN MOTHERFUCKER PROFESSOR ROWAN grunts at Oak that maybe he should spend less time reciting poetry and appearing on television and more time doing Pokemon Research!

Oh you just got TOLD, son!

Dawn asks what Brock and Ash are doing here, and Ash tells her he is preparing to take part in the Sinnoh League.  Brock doesn't answer the question for himself, simply falling straight back into place as Ash's guide and we discover that the first town where Dawn hopes to take part in her first Pokemon Contest is on the way to the first Town where Ash can try for a Pokemon Badge.  She asks if she can come along with them since she is going that way, and Ash figures the more the merrier.  Brock also has no objections to a girl in a short skirt walking slightly in front of him for a little while.  They return all of their Pokemon to their Pokeballs except for Pikachu, and Dawn asks why.  Ash explains that Pikachu dislikes traveling in a Pokeball and far prefers his shoulder, and Rowan steps up to tell Dawn that she'll soon find there are many different Pokemon and many different ways of training them.  They step outside and.... OOOOOH, CUE THE ENNIO MORRICONE MUSIC!

It's the asshole!

Rowan isn't intimidated because he's old pissed off God and all, and demands to know who the asshole is.  The purple haired prick replies that his name is Paul, that he must be Rowan, but he's here for Ash.  Ash is surprised, but Paul grunts that he has three Pokemon now, so it's time for that battle they didn't get to have before.

Ash is more than willing to except, claiming that to be a Pokemon Master you have to accept the challenges of other trainers, and Rowan tells them to come out to his back garden.

Out back, Brock stands as referee as Dawn is excited at the idea of seeing her first Pokemon Battle, and when Ash tells her to enjoy it, Paul smirks and tells him he talks like a little kid.  He snaps the rules at Ash, explaining that it's a three on three on battle with no substitutions, and whoever gets two wins first wins.

Ash calls out Starly and Paul does the same, and he tells Ash to go first.  Ash orders a Quick Attack, but Paul's dodges and takes less damage than it might have, Rowan telling Dawn that Paul is merely testing Ash's Pokemon's attack prowess.  Paul's Starly comes back with Aerial Ace, then a Double Team.  Ash yells that the real one is behind the others, but Paul's Starly hits another Aerial Ace and knocks Ash's Starly down and out.  Ash calls it back and tells it that it did great despite getting the shit kicked out of it, and Paul grunts that he's figured out Ash's style.  He covers up his attacks by pushing, and combined with the "Lame-o" strategy he uses it makes him feel sorry for Pokemon stuck with such a lousy trainer... is that all Ash has got?

But Ash doesn't let Paul's attitude get to him (hey, he grew up with King Asshole himself, Gary) and sends out Aipom, and Paul retaliates with Chimchar.  Ash checks it out with his Pokedex, and Paul sneers and taunts Ash for getting his "Chimchar lesson for the day", and this time Ash does lose it.  He orders a Swift Attack from Aipom and Paul calls for an Ember from Chimchar, the two blows combined and kicking up smoke as Aipom tries Focus Punch only to get the attack knocked clear by Flame Wheel.  Rowan explains why Focus Punch faded out to Dawn as Chimchar is ordered to attack again, and Ash calls for a Doubleteam.  Chimchar's Ember knocks out all of the illusions though and Aipom is scratched, then uses Flamewheel to counter with Focus Punch, but Ash yells at Aipom to wait and for the first time Paul is confused, what is Ash up to?

Oh, kicking your Pokemon's ass, that's what!

Chimchar hits the ground knocked out and Aipom wins the round, and Paul orders it back and tells it that it is still just as useless as can be, rather than congratulating it on getting an asskicking like everyone else always does.  Ash sends in Pikachu and Paul sends in Elekid, Dawn checking it out as Paul asks if Pikachu does Volt Tackle.  Ash says it does and asks why, but Paul isn't giving away any secrets just yet.  Ash orders a Thunderbolt to kick things off but it does nothing, and Rowan explains to Dawn that Electric type Pokemon are not hurt by moves of the same type.

Elekid sends Pikachu staggering back with thunder, and Paul smirks that there is a reason that he let Ash go first.

"What?" demands Ash.

"Cause I'm smart," retorts Paul smugly.

Yes it seems the asshole used the energy from Pikachu's attack to pump up Elekid's own energy, and a furious Ash tells Pikachu to use Volt Tackle, only for it to bounce off of a Protect shield.  Rowan explains to Dawn that Protect can damage the attacking Pokemon as well as be defensive.

Paul asks arrogantly if they're done yet and tells Ash to give up, but he refuses, ordering Pikachu to use Iron tail, and Paul tells Elekid to defend with Brick Break. 

Paul grins and tells Ash that while Pikachu's attack is being blocked, Elekid still has a free arm, and orders a Thunderpunch..... but Ash hits him with a Yugi-Oh style,"NOT SO FAST!" as he points out that Iron Tail is still glowing.... and then Pikachu twists about and slams Elekid directly in THE FUCKING FACE!

Elekid smashes down with Brick Break again and hits Pikachu on the rebound, and then both Pokemon stagger over and......

BOTH FALL! IT'S A DRAW!

Paul calls Elekid back as Ash helps Pikachu up, and tells Brock that this wasn't a tie, Pikachu fell first, that means Paul won.  But Paul grimaces and says the battle was called a draw, therefore it is a draw.  He brings out his Pokeball and releases Starly, growling at Ash that there are plenty more Starly just as strong as that one, when he finds one tough enough to serve him, he'll grab it.  He thanks Rowan for the use of the field and then turns and walks off, ignoring Ash's demands for a fresh battle.

So there you have it, Gentle Dodgers.  It's a new region, it's a new group of twerps, there are new Pokemon, and Team Rocket have a new motto.  But Ash doesn't have a new rival, because Paul isn't like Gary, he's something different.  Paul is the Anti-Ash, opposite in battle style, Pokemon philosophy and general demeanour.  He's the opposite of Ash, and that can only mean one thing.

He must be really, really smart.

IP Logged

carbuncle
Veteran Dodger

one of those rare hard
to find types

Not Canada
Re: When Pokemon Worlds Collide mini Episode Guide
Reply #836 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 3:02am

Oh man that Paul guy is a jerk, but thats a good thing. Ash needs a varity of rivals we can't have them all friendly buddy like harrison and that fat misty looking guy.

and Paul definately has a different view about pokemon. He kinda reminds me of Gary in a way But I don't see Gary as the type to release pokemon.

nice work as always Tim. Smiley

IP Logged

Don
Batman's Not My Thing

Flawless crossdressing

Reply #837 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 6:20am

Paul should forever stay as a jerk who only cares about strong Pokemon, non of that crap of rivals turning from a person making fun of the other person to the two become good friends, that's already happen twice (Ash and Gary, May and Drew) we don't need it again.

IP Logged

The Walrus
Senior Dodger

I'm out of my element

:noitacoL
Reply #838 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 7:01am

Something tells me that he's gonna lose to Ash in the Sinnoh League, and then realize that his philosophy is wrong, a la the rival from G/S/C.

IP Logged

Kaboom
Veteran Dodger

Right over there
Reply #839 - Apr 24th, 2007 at 7:09am

The Walrus wrote on Apr 24th, 2007 at 7:01am:
Something tells me that he's gonna lose to Ash in the Sinnoh League, and then realize that his philosophy is wrong, a la the rival from G/S/C.

Ah, yes. He is similar, ain't he? It's about time we got a character modeled after him.

WWW k  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 
Send Topic Print